The house was built in 1887 by English immigrant William Treloar, a prosperous businessman and mine owner. Treloar built this house for his large family of 13 children in what was then Victorian residential district. This house is one of two surviving examples of “row house” architecture in Charlotte’s central city. Treloar family lost the house in 1929, it was then used to house mill and warehouse workers. In 1949 it was leased to the Charlotte Auto Parts Co., in 1985 the Treloar house was designated as a local historic property and now is zoned for commercial use:
poem design by student Nalee Thao, student in collaboration with Latin American Coalition & Inside Out 11M Project.